TaxSlayer is a cloud-based DIY tax preparation software that includes all the forms, calculations and resources you need to file your federal and state taxes electronically with the IRS. Trusted for over 50 years, they strive to make life simpler and less stressful for millions of Americans with easy-to-use technology that is dependable, fast, and accurate.
TaxSlayer is a family-owned and operated company based entirely in Augusta, Georgia. They proudly employ nearly 200 individuals year-round and more than 300 additional support staff in season. When you file with TaxSlayer, you help create jobs that support the families in and around their hometown.
When you file with TaxSlayer, you won't be surprised with fees for each additional tax form, credit, or deduction. Instead, our prices are based on the kind of support you want. Every TaxSlayer receives unlimited phone and email help from start to finish. If you need a little extra, you can select an upgrade with the right type of support for your situation.
For those with a simple tax situation. Includes one free state return.FREE State Included File Now
- Prepare, print, and e-file
- Includes W-2 income
- Student loan interest and education expenses
- Free phone and email support
All tax situations. The absolute best value for your max refund.$17 + $39 per state File Now
- Everything in Simply Free plus all the forms:
- Includes all credits like Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit
- Includes all deductions and adjustments to income
- Includes all income types – no form or schedule restrictions
- Fast fill your info with W-2 import and PDF upload
Priority support when you need it. Includes live chat and Ask a Tax Pro.$37 + $39 per state File Now
- Everything in Classic plus extra support:
- IRS Audit Assistance for 3 full years
- Ask a tax pro your most difficult questions
- Skip-the-line with priority phone and email support
- Live chat for quick technical support
- File faster with unlimited assistance
Best for contractors, 1099ers, side hustlers, and the self-employed.$47 + $39 per state File Now
- Everything in Premium plus self-employed help:
- Access to a tax pro with self-employed expertise
- Guidance with 1099 income
- Maximize work expense deductions on your Schedule C
- Quarterly estimated tax payment reminders
- Personalized guide to self-employed taxes
- Year-round tax and income tips when you need it
When it comes to support, TaxSlayer offers various ways you can find answers and get guidance when filling your return. Free tech support by phone or email is available to all packages, chat for Premium and Self-Employed which also comes with skip-the-line with priority phone and email support.
Premium and Self-Employed users receives also more valuable kinda of help, which is for tax help. TaxSlayer offers an online knowledge base users can search for answers about specific tax issues, read the blog and find out latest tax news and tips, read about tax law updates for those that want to know about tax law changes.
At the bottom, TaxSlayer is one of the most affordable tax filling services and offers attractive and usable software at great price. It's brand may not be recognizable as other big brands but if your main goal is saving money, you should consider TaxSlayer. If you are one of those people with complicated tax returns, the Classic option gives you access to all major tax forms and all supported deductions.
Low cost has its disadvantages because it doesn't offer much of extra features, guides or content. First-time fillers or those not confident enough in tax filling may find too difficult to understand the filling process.